Saturday, March 17, 2012

Well there goes that

I had this great train of thought for a halfway decent post about something that would have totally been interesting to someone I'm sure.

Instead I went to the movies with my mom and a couple of her friends (Safe House, I liked it, but mom thought it was too slow) and the side-show that came with the movie has since derailed my train of thought.

I'm an open minded person. I am. I don't even care about semi-inappropriate displays of affection. It's 2012, most people don't even pay attention to that crap anymore. Except.

My mom.

And it wouldn't have been so bad I don't think, if said couple had been - in some capacity at the least - an actual couple. Instead it was a 40+ year old man and a 18ish year old boy making all sorts of petting and coziness in the corner.

And this is just the information I managed to hear second hand that I didn't even WANT to hear. My mom's pretty open to about anything, so when something was causing her to spazz out I was more than happy to go on being blissfully ignorant about the entire situation.

But she wouldn't stop talking about it, and I ended up with Waaaaaaaay more information than I wanted. And now I can't really think about anything else with any kind of clarity to be able to write about it.

Honestly though, it felt good to get that off my chest. I'll keep physical descriptions of said oddball couple to myself - it just makes it worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment